Government of India has launched a new centrally sponsored scheme (CSS) called National Forestry Action Programme (NFAP) and Bamboo Mission(BM) with 100 central assistance. Implementation of the scheme by the field units of the KFD is monitored by the NFAP-BM wing at Aranya Bhavan under the supervision of APCCF (NFAP-BM). Duties and responsibilities of the NFAP-BM wing are as follows:
• Preparation of the annual plan of operations for Forest Development Agencies and National Bamboo Mission as per the allocation of Government of India and placing the same before SFDA and State Level Bamboo Steering Committee for approval.
• Monitoring and supervision of implementation of FDA and National Bamboo Mission
• Submission of progress reports, audit reports and utilization certificates to the Government of India.
• Attending review meetings conducted by the Government of India and the State Government.
• Organizing the meeting of State Level Bamboo Steering Committee and executive committees at the State level and facilitate implementation of the recommendations.
• APCCF (NFAP-BM) acts as the Nodal Officer for NAP, FDA and National Bamboo Schemes.