1. Which is the Government Order concerned with payment of ex-gratia for domestic animal death caused due to wild animals?
Government Order No. FEE 143 FWL 2010 dated 03-08-2011 and Government Order No. FEE 109 FWL 2014 dated 13-08-2014
and Government Order No. APG 130 FWL 2016 dated 19-09-2016
2. Who is eligible for getting ex-gratia relief in case of domestic animal death due to wild animals?
Wildlife forage areas was banned except in the areas of compensation granted by the assassination of the claimants domestic animals.
What constitutes wild animal should be understood in accordance with the definition that has been provided in Section 2 (36) of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. As per this definition ‘wild animal’ would mean any animal specified in Schedule I to IV and found wild in nature.
3. How much is the ex-gratia payable in case of domestic animal death?
The ex-gratia payable in case of domestic animal death is Rs. 5,000/- to Rs.
4. Is there any prescribed format for the application to be submitted for claiming ex-gratia relief?
No. There is no prescribed format for submission of application. However, the
application should be written legibly or typed on a plain paper including
signature or thumb impression of the legal applicant. Application may be
submitted through Huli software.Click Here
5. What are the documents to be enclosed along with the application?
The documents required for granting ex-gratis relief in case of death of a domestic animal because of attack by wild animal include:
The post-mortem report certifying that the domestic animal has died due to wild animal attack.
Photograph of the dead domestic animal at the place of insidence.
6. To whom should the application be submitted for claiming ex-gratia relief?
The application should be submitted to the concerned Range Forest Officer.
7. Who is authorized to sanction ex-gratia relief in case of domestic animal death?
CCF,CF,DCF and above KFD officers of the concerned
jurisdiction is authorized to sanction ex-gratia benefit.
8. Why there is delay in getting ex-gratia relief?
Sometimes the delay is caused due to non-availability of adequate funds for the purpose. In case there is delay in getting the necessary records such as post-mortem report, delay is caused.