1. Who is eligible for getting allotment of timber from the forest department?
Any person is eligible to purchase timber from the forest department for a bonafide
purpose like construction of own house.
2. Who has the power to sanction allotment of timber?
Following levels of Department officers have power to allot Timber for bonafide
purpose at sanctioned price:
Limits of power
|Other kinds except Rosewood, Sandalwood and White Cedar
|Thinned Teak Poles
|Thinned poles (other junglewood)
Remarks: Actual allotment in individual cases may be limited to ground floor requirement keeping in view the availability and policy decisions.
3.Is there any prescribed format for the application form for allotment of Timber?
Yes. Click here for Retail sale circular & aplication format.
Duly filled application need to be submitted. However following documents need to be enclosed with the application-
- Approved Blue Sketch of House to be constructed from the competent authority.
- Wood estimate from the Engineer.
- Khata extract.
- Permission from competent authority with regard to permission of the building.
- An affidavit (signed before Notary) declaring that timber allotment has not been obtained from the forest department earlier.
4. The application should be submitted to whom?
The application should be submitted to the jurisdictional Deputy Conservator of Forests, who may ask for additional documents and arrange site inspection, if required.
5. What are the rates at which Timber is allotted?
Copy of the rates(exclusive of taxes) sanctioned for different categories of wood are attached herewith.
These come into effect from 01.03.2016 until further orders.